Morning Elixir: Warm Water with Lemon and Turmeric
This morning drink will help you prevent common colds and maintain a great health.
You will need the following ingredients to prepare this drink:
- Warm water – 1 glass (alternatives include rice / almond milk)
- Lemon juice – from 1/2 lemon
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Honey / agave syrup – 1/2 tsp
- Coconut oil – 1 tsp
- Take the water in a glass
- Add all the other ingredients and stir
- Stir it before drinking because the turmeric will settle down at the bottom
Make sure to drink this mixture when it is warm
Each ingredient in this drink offers great health benefits.
According to WebMD, Turmeric helps in treating or improving conditions like gallbladder and liver disorders, jaundice, bloating, intestinal gas, appetite problems, stomachache, heartburn, diarrhea, and arthritis.
The spice is also beneficial in a number of other health problems including infections of the lung, bronchitis, fever, headaches, fibromyalgia, cancer, menstrual disorders, and even leprosy. You can also use it for improving Alzheimer’s, kidney disorders, water retention, depression, and for eliminating worms.
Turmeric also has many benefits for the skin. Apply it on your skin for fighting ringworm, leech bites, general pain, bruises, inflammation, or even eye infections. It can also help in improving sore mouth or wounds with infections.
According to Organic Facts, lemon offers the following benefits to your health:
- Lemon is considered to be effective in treating constipation and digestive problems.
- It can help in reducing body weight.
- It has coagulant and antiseptic benefits, which helps in curbing internal bleeding.
- It is considered good for your teeth.
- Lemon juice is considered to help improve breathing / respiratory problems.
- Lemon juice purifies blood, and thus it can help treat malaria and cholera.
- It can be beneficial in the treatment of arthritis and rheumatism.
- It can help in regulating hypertension.
- It can help prevent and treat infections in the throat.
MNT Knowledge Center reports some of the following positive effects of coconut oil on your health:
- Taking coconut oil regularly can be beneficial for your heart health. It helps in increasing HDL cholesterol levels in the blood, which is good for preventing cardiovascular diseases.
- It has weight loss benefits, as it is low in calories. Studies also show that coconut oil could be beneficial in reducing the fat deposits around the abdomen.
- Coconut oil has also shown signs of improving glucose tolerance. This makes it beneficial for those suffering from diabetes. It is considered to help patients with type II diabetes to cut on excess fat in the body and improve their insulin sensitivity.
So drink this turmeric and lemon juice recipe everyday in the morning and you will improve your overall health.