The Health Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar And Baking Soda
The mix of ACV and baking soda has been used as a remedy against numerous ailments for centuries. The combination is indeed very effective and can be used for different purposes – some people use it to improve the quality of their hair, others to treat diseases while some use the mixture for cleaning.
Why combine baking soda and apple cider vinegar?
Baking soda and ACV are alkaline and acidic in nature, which means that you won’t have to worry about acidifying your body. Acidity is the main cause of numerous diseases including cancer, which is why you need to create an alkaline environment in your body in which certain diseases won’t thrive in.
Apple cider vinegar properties and health benefits
ACV is a nutritionally rich liquid which can clean the body of toxins and revitalize it. It contains vitamins A and B, minerals, fatty acids and enzymes that will improve your overall health. Here are the main health benefits of ACV:
- The rich vitamin A content can prevent dry eyes and resolve numerous eye problems;
- Eliminates excess mucus from the lungs and treats colds and the flu;
- The enzymes in ACV can boost your digestion and treat problems such as acidity;
- ACV accelerates the metabolism and stimulates weight loss;
- The drink is a diuretic which can prevent water retention in the body;
- Thanks to the sulfur content, ACV can eliminate toxins from the body and clean your liver;
- ACV can improve the state of your hair;
- The antibacterial properties of the liquid can destroy bacteria in the oral cavity and treat problems such as bad breath;
- ACV can clean the urinary tract and prevent infections and kidney problems;
- ACV can reduce inflammation in the gums and can be used as a mouthwash;
- The liquid can soothe coughs and sore throat.
Here’s how to prepare the mixture:
A glass of water
A pinch of baking soda
1 tablespoon of organic ACV
The process is simple – add the baking soda and ACV in the water and drink the mixture 1-3 times a day an hour before your breakfast. If you want to detoxify your body, drink a glass of the beverage at least an hour before your meals 3 times a day. If you want to maintain your health, we suggest taking a glass on an empty stomach in the morning.