Bay Oil: Health Benefits And How To Make It! (RECIPE)
Bay leaf is a well-known and popular spice, has long had a special place in our kitchens. But few know that the leaves of this Mediterranean evergreen tree can be used in many medical purposes, not only for food preparation. You can use these leaves to prepare a healing oil, which has excellent health properties. Today we introduce you a little more about the characteristics of the product and the method of its application.
Bay leaf – the health benefits:
– It reduces the pain
– calms the nervous system
– Increases and stimulates the sweating process
– strengthens the immune system
– stimulates the overall mental activity.
In addition, you can use to treat varicose veins and painful joints.
How to make oil of bay leaf – RECIPE
– 30 grams of bay leaves
– 250 ml olive oil
Chop bay leaves and pour olive oil over it. Put the mixture into a glass bottle, close it tightly and let stand still in a dark, cool place for 14 days.
Shake the bottle’s contents from time to time. After two weeks strain the oil through cheesecloth and transfer the liquid into another container. Keep derived laurel oil in a cold room.
Bay oil as a medicine:
Bay oil is primarily used topically. It can be used as a massage oil, or added to burners and vaporizers. Its effects, however, may vary depending on the amount you use. Higher amounts of bay oil may produce a sedating effect, while smaller amounts can serve as a stimulant.
Here are several ways you can enjoy the benefits of bay essential oil:
- Improve sleep by mixing 10 drops of bay oil, 2 to 3 drops of sweet orange oil, 1 drop of clove essential oil, and almond oil as a carrier oil.
- Relieve depressive symptoms by blending 2 drops of bay oil, 4 drops of black pepper oil, 4 drops of bergamot oil, and 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil.
- Treat flu symptoms by adding a mixture of 2 drops of bay oil and 4 drops of myrtle oil in a diffuser.
- Treat dandruff by adding 2 drops of bay oil to your shampoo.
It is also crucial to remember that bay oil, as well as bay rum and the fruit of the Bay tree, possesses toxic properties and should not be ingested.